XanderCat OFE 1.2 Possibilities

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2016 at 4:31 AM
I'm considering some ideas for another release of XanderCat OFE.

Right now, I have 2 ideas in mind:

1) Provide a property that allows you to specify the field types when not specifying a candidate class and using the generic MapCandidate. Right now you have to use all String values when using MapCandidate, but it would be not too hard to make it support all common field types.

2) Provide a max results property. If not provided, you will continue to receive match results as before. If provided, you will only be sent the top X results based on this property value. Might be handy if you have rather broad search filters and don't want to have to tweak the match threshold to avoid getting too many results.

Please feel free to share any other functionality you think would be useful.
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016 at 11:15 PM
A big new idea, that I may package up as part of version 1.2.

Statistics.

I'm thinking of adding a new interface, named something like StatCollector, that operates much like an AttributeFilter. But instead of filtering on a field value, it instead produces a statistic on all processed values for the field. So just like filters, before running through your candidates, you add a set of StatCollectors for various fields of interest. At the end, I'm thinking it should just add a list or set of statistics objects to the ResultDestination method that handles results.

That seems like a pretty clean approach. Only limitation off the top of my head is that each stat will be based on only a single field, and it would be difficult if not impossible to build a stat based on multiple fields together.